Cool Tech Girl

This will be the techie me. Any problems, issues or ideas I come across during my day to day life as a Software Engineer will be posted here.

Google
 
Web This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Google Google Everywhere

In the past couple of days, Google has come out with as many news things. First the updated and improved Google Desktop. Ah well!! So I never installed the first version and therefore thought to give Version 2 a try. The sidebar idea seems pretty good. Good to have news and weather and stock information on your desktop without having to open the browser. But there was some annoying stuff too. Well, the Quick view stores all the recent or most viewed pages you have visited. That means any logout pages, popup pages or just some image files, things that are useless and you would never want to view quickly. My news feed kept saying "Loading..." And the weather feed kept saying "Server is unavailable". Yes, I know its in Beta.
Then after rumors yesterday on Slashdot which incidentally turned out to be true, Google is out with Google Talk. There have been quite a lot of speculation here and there. I haven't downloaded the IM yet. I would have to get a Gmail account first. Yes, I did get an invitation and I had created one. But I didn't use it for some time and then I tried to log in. Obviously, I forgot my password so I tried to do the usual "forgot my password" stuff, but for some reason, google never let me reset my password. It kept saying to try after 5 days. I am sure now my account has gone :-(.
Oh, and last but not the least, I wish someone would gift me Google stock, atleast a 100 of them.

1 Comments:

At April 22, 2006 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home