Cool Tech Girl

This will be the techie me. Any problems, issues or ideas I come across during my day to day life as a Software Engineer will be posted here.

Google
 
Web This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Update on ShDocVw.dll Issue

So finally found a solution to the shDocVw.dll issue. Well, actually a co-worker found it. Because there is another web service using an older reference of the shDocVw.dll, for consistency, I had to use the same. The solution is to remove the Interop references under the project references and add them again but this time pointing to the version you want. The version already generated by the previous web service in my case. So let the web browser control remain as it is, that is we do not need to remove the web browser component. We can directly refer to the interop dlls as a .NET reference instead of letting the web browser control generate and update them everytime we build the project.
Make Sense?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home